Application Deadline: August 18 2013
The Anglo American Entrepreneur Internship Programme (EIP) is an accelerated growth experience for high potential entrepreneurs and business owners who have the capacity to start or grow an existing business in employment size and revenues. The EIP combines business development support with industry exposure, mentoring and networking. Together these components can help you bring your idea to market, or grow your existing business to the next level. It is possible that Anglo American could become a customer of your business, or you could become a supplier of goods or services to Anglo American.
Who should apply for the EIP?
Do you have a high potential to develop an innovation? Can you seize an opportunity to mobilise resources and skills, and can you take calculated risks to create markets for new products or services? Will your ideas help the development and growth of the mining sector? Are you willing to resign from your current position to start, build and run your own business?
Have you started and built your business and are now ready to take its growth to the next level? Is your business generating an annual turnover of R60m or less and you want to grow it further? Can your business growth support the creation of jobs and innovation into the mining sector? Do you have a compliant business that’s up to date with tax and other compliance requirements? Can you deepen your business impact in the mining and other industries if given the right support?
How do I know if I am eligible for the EIP (Entrepreneurs & Business Owners)?
The EIP is open to all entrepreneurs and existing business owners. You are especially encouraged to apply if you are a Historically Disadvantaged South African. In order to be eligible, you must meet the following criteria, with no exceptions:
- A minimum of 25 years of age by 31st July 2013.
- A minimum of a Higher National Diploma or a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of working experience OR a minimum of 12 years of working business experience.
- High aptitude for entrepreneurship, to be determined through a structured assessment.
- Demonstrated business innovation and leadership capabilities.
- Demonstrated technical skills or experience in areas relevant to your business idea or operating business.
How does the Entrepreneur Internship Programme work?
Start-up Entrepreneurs (10 months of fast start business development support)
What are the terms and conditions for the EIP?
- You will be responsible for your own transport to and from your point of origin to the internship location.
- Scheduled travel to Anglo American operations within South Africa may be required.
- You will be regarded as a contractor and not an Anglo American employee, and will not be covered by collective bargaining agreements.
- You will be responsible for your own medical and other insurance.
- If you are an entrepreneur in a start-up business, you will be paid a monthly stipend sufficient to cover the basic costs of living for the duration of the EIP.
- If you are a business owner you will be required to make yourself and key members of staff available for the business development support and mentorship programme where applicable.
- If you are an Anglo American employee who is accepted into the programme you will be required to resign from Anglo American employment.
- The internship will not lead to employment with Anglo American. Anglo American has no intention or obligation to secure employment opportunities for you at the end of the programme.
Where do I apply?
If you have the required skills, passion for your business, a strong drive and commitment to succeed, then begin your application for the EIP,Clicking on the links below:
All additional enquires related to the EIP should be sent to:
Email: [email protected]