Application Deadline: 31 October 2017.
After a successful pilot programme funded by Gijima KZN, The Regional and Local Economic Development Initiative was launched early in 2012. The initiative is fully funded and supported by the KwaZulu-Natal Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) and has an academic home at the Graduate School of Business and Leadership on the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s Westville campus.
The initiative includes a coordinated and integrated programme of teaching, learning and applied research in LED. The main aim of the Programme is to overcome current gaps in capacity for LED in KwaZulu-Natal.
- To promote LED research and learning
- To build critical thinking in relation to LED
- Continuing professional development
- The creation of a professional network of LED graduates
- To strengthen the implementation practice of LED institutions
- The APPLICANT must apply for their academic qualification, through the Graduate School of Business & Leadership ( GSB&L).
- Students who owe fees to UKZN must settle them in full, prior, to applying for the bursary
- Once the student is accepted by the GSB&L, for their qualification, the student can then proceed with their online bursary application, provided that their fees have been settled in full.
- Download and complete the bursary application form HERE .
- Email completed online bursary application forms, with certified copies of previous qualifications( not later than 3 months), CV and motivation to [email protected], for consideration.
Note: EDTEA and UKZN are aware that students completing their qualifications in 2017, will receive their results in 2017 or early 2018, in the case where students who would sit for their supplementary examinations in November / December of 2017. The successful bursary candidates will be notified in January of 2018, prior to the start of the 2018 GSB&L academic programme.
Email: [email protected] for further information.
For More Information: