Application Deadline: 15th May 2016
- Do you have an innovative idea that addresses the specific needs of low-income people in developing and emerging countries regarding sanitation, water and resource management?
- Are you looking for support and mentorship to further develop and put your idea into practice?
- Submit your idea by 15th May 2016 and take your chance to win the cewas Call for Ideas endowed with 5’000 CHF and secure a sponsored place in the cewas start-up programme 2016/17.
If you have an idea that you think can make a valuable contribution to achieving global access to clean water, sanitation, and energy for the poor, we would like to hear about it! Your idea can be anything in the following fields of action:
- Community & capacity development
- Training & coaching
- Consulting, design & engineering
- Contracting & building
- Supplying & dealing
- Service provision
The cewas Call for Ideas 2016 honours the most promising, interesting and creative idea in sanitation, water and resource management for the poor. The winner will secure a sponsored place in the cewas start-up programme 2016/17, where she or he will be able to put the idea into reality, and CHF 5.000, start-up capital.
The cewas start-up programme is a professional summer school for those planning their own organisation or business in sanitation, water and resource management. From launching a project idea to developing a proper start-up, cewas offers you the knowledge, support and connections you need to make your idea a success.
- Participants must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Participants should bring an entrepreneurial spirit and put forth a good faith effort to implement their proposed idea.
- Participants can apply individually or in a team, but the call will consider the team in its entirety as an individual and the leader of that team is to conduct all communication and follow all other rules as if he or she were working individually.
- All academic disciplines are welcome. However, no previous cewas start-up programme participants are eligible to take part in the call
- Ideas must be submitted by an individual, group, organization or institution
- The submitted idea is a fresh innovative approach to accelerating global access to sanitation and clean water for underprivileged people in developing and emerging countries
- Good command of English (the cewas start-up programme will be held in English)
- You are able to participate in the public ideas presentation and award ceremony on 9thJune 2016 in Willisau, Switzerland, and motivated to take part in the cewas start-up programme 2016/17 from 10th August to 16th September 2016 (followed by a one year coaching period)
- All you need to do,to have your idea considered for the cewas Call for Ideas 2016, is simply send your Application to [email protected] by midnight on Sunday 15th May 2016.
- If your idea fits the criteria, cewas contact you and invite you to present it in front of an expert jury in Willisau, Switzerland, on 9th June 2016.
- The Call for Ideas 2016 is carried out in four phases:
- 15th May 2016: Deadline for submission of innovative ideas
- 22nd May 2016: communication to selected applicants
- 26th May 2016: (optional) coaching day: preparation of finalists for jury presentation
- 9th June 2016: public presentations of selected ideas in front of the jury, jury decision and award ceremony at cewas in Willisau
For More Information: