Application Deadline: August 11th 2017
CIVICUS’ Fellows Programme is an exciting new venture in which professionals are placed with CIVICUS national/regional member organisations, for a period of 2 years. During this round, the fellow will be placed with RACI (Argentine Network for International Cooperation), based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The primary aim of the programme is to promote knowledge exchange and learning, and build the capacity of both the host organisation and their members.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in research in social studies focusing on civil society sector
- Demonstrated commitment to civil society and citizen action
- Demonstrated or proven experience with research/training/institutional strengthening
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of global/regional dynamics and civil society issues, particularly Latin America
- Understanding of membership and networking principles
- Proven ability to work in a diverse, decentralised, and global environment
- Proven ability to team work, problem solve within a team, and adapt to different situations
- Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Willingness to travel
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE
1. Support the delivery of RACI key research projects
2. Strengthen institutional capacity of RACI
3. Knowledge exchange and learning
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE
1. Support the delivery of RACI key research projects (60%)
-Conduct and coordinate RACI´s research project about the situation of civil society in Argentina, NGO´s, and funding sources – among others.
2. Strengthen institutional capacity (20%)
-Elaborate documents, presentations and workshops in line with RACI´s Strategic Priorities
-Cross sectional collaboration within RACI´s internal departments (Members, Communications, Institutional Development)
-Collaborate in RACI´s fundraising strategy
3. Knowledge Exchange and Learning (20%)
-Contribute knowledge to CIVICUS’ peer learning exchanges, which will convene CIVICUS members around specific themes
-Contribute knowledge and research to both CIVICUS and RACI´s member networks
-Support regional coordination of RACI and CIVICUS’ member networks
-Share knowledge and experience through CIVICUS social media, OpEds, and other publications, in collaboration with the communication team
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Start date: anticipated to be August, starting with a 2-week induction in Johannesburg, South Africa
Duration: 24 months
Salary: US$ 36 000 annually
To apply please submit (in English or Spanish):
- A motivational letter answering the below questions (200 words max for each question)
o Please describe your experience working or living in a developing country or marginalized community, including where you were and what you did (professionally, academics or personally).
o You just disembarked from a 12-hour bus trip to a rural village to meet with community leaders. However, the person you are to meet at the bus station is not there. What do you do?
o How will you cope with working aboard for 2 years with limited visits to your friends and family?
- A detailed CV
- Contact details of three current references
to [email protected] by 11 August 2017.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within 2 weeks after your application, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
For More Information: