Application Deadline: April 23rd, 2017
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO; Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas), in Madrid, Spain, offers research training opportunities to students of all nationalities interested in pursuing a research career in the Biomedicine and Life Sciences.
Up to 8 summer training positions will be awarded during 2017 to undergraduate university students of biomedicine-related studies in any country.
- You must have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- You must maintain your status of undergraduate student throughout the whole summer programme (June 26 to August 18, 2017).
- You must have an excellent academic track record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- You must have a good knowledge of English.
- You must be available from June 26 to August 18 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
The CNIO will cover the student’s travel expenses: one return ticket from the student’shometown to Madrid.
During the summer training programme, the CNIO will subsidize b reakfasts and lunchesat the centre’s cafeteria.
Students will be covered by a personal accident insurance throughout their stay at theCNIO.
Citizens from countries not issuing the EHC will receive a private health insurance and arepatriation insurance, except those already having a valid health insurance during thewhole summer stay.
- The training programme will run from June 26 to August 18, 2017 (8 weeks) , and will consist of 292,5 working hours– the actual timetable will be mutually agreed on by the students and the programme director. The intensive nature of the programme requires a full-time commitment (37,5 hours per week) from the participant. Students are required to participate in all scheduled activities.
- Only online applications will be considered. To apply go to http://www.cnio.es/ing/cursos/practicasverano.asp and complete the application form, choosing three laboratories in order of preference. Please attach your CV in pdf format; doc and rtf formats are also accepted. Please note that the size of this document must not exceed 1MB. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]:
1. Two letters of recommendation
2. Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating
the number of credits passed
3. Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport
4. Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private , during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
For More Information: