Application Deadline: May 15, 2021
With the scholarship, the Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation want to offer outstanding young scientists from Germany and abroad the opportunity to carry out a research project that is outside of their previous work. The aim is to support those young universalists who – like Albert Einstein – are not only characterized by their exceptional achievements in a specific scientific field, but also by their interdisciplinary commitment.
The scholarship is linked to a stay in the summer house of Einstein’s summer house in Caputh, which lasts between five and six months. The Einsteinhaus is a place of significance in terms of both science and architecture history and is connected to the universities of Potsdam and Berlin. The scholarship holder receives a grant of EUR 10,000 as well as the travel expenses incurred.
- Applicants should be under 35 years of age and hold a qualified university degree in a humanities, social sciences or natural sciences subject.
- The applications for 2022 should a CV and an exposé of the activities planned under the grant project (both in English) and include two academic references and up to May 15, 2021 be filed.
- The scholarship holders are expected to adequately document the scientific work carried out during the months in Caputh. Documentation includes giving a public lecture in the Einstein Forum and in the Daimler and Benz Foundation. However, the scholarship expressly does not serve to complete a work that has already started, such as a dissertation or habilitation thesis.
- The applications are evaluated according to the quality, originality and feasibility of the project proposals as well as according to the applicant’s academic background. It does not matter here whether a doctorate has already been started or completed.
- The proposed project does not have to be completed within the given timeframe, but can serve as the start of a new, longer project.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FUNDING WILL NOT BE AWARDED FOR RESEARCH PROJECTS WITHIN A DISSERTATION. SUBMITTED PROJECTS MUST DIFFER NOTICELY IN CONTENT, AREA AND FORM FROM THE APPLICANT’S PREVIOUS WORK.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the current Einstein scholarship holder will not be able to start his stay in Caputh until 2021. Therefore, the next scholarship cannot be awarded for the coming year as planned, but only for 2022. All submitted applications remain valid and will be considered for the next selection. The new application deadline is May 15, 2021. If you would like to withdraw your application, please let us know.
For More Information: