Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
The Dalai Lama Fellowship experience is an immersive, year-long commitment that mentors each Fellow through a leadership curriculum inspired by exemplary leaders like the Dalai Lama. This curriculum will help you to become more mindful, aware of your inner values and how they relate to your work, and deeply connect with people around you, and provide new ways of building long-standing solutions.”
The Dalai Lama Fellowship offers emerging leaders a rigorous, interdisciplinary program on ways to be a different kind of leader, a leader that connects and cares for self, extends genuine compassion to others, and works for our common humanity. Fellows cultivate practices in mind training for increasing self-awareness, self-care and resilience, for connecting with others and working across differences, and in building solutions for generations to come. Over the course of a year, with the support of mentors and coaches, each Fellow designs and implements an original Field Project addressing a global challenge. Upon graduation, Fellows join a LifeLong Community, where they connect with and support each other while continuing to advance their leadership journeys.
A Global Leadership Curriculum
Collaborating with experts from around the globe from Thupten Jinpa, the Dalai Lama’s translator and renowned author, to Marshall Ganz from the Harvard Kennedy School, over the last six years, we have created a distinctive, immersive leadership curriculum which builds a skill-set, complementary to the cognitive and commercial education that Fellows typically acquire in school. Our Head, Heart and Hands curriculum has three main components:
- Head – Training the mind, exploring inner values, cultivating practices to enhance self awareness
- Heart – Harnessing the intelligence of the heart, deepening compassion, practices for working across differences
- Hands – Acting now, in community, to benefit the world, building unexpected relationships and leading with the mindset of interdependence
- The program is focused on next-generation leaders who are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate schools at the time of applying and who intend to be enrolled and on campus during their Fellowship year.
- Dalai Lama Fellowship define next generation leaders as individuals that are born between 1980-1995. In some cases we accept applications from individuals that are no longer enrolled in school but that fall in this age range and that are committed to work in social change.
- Your Resume/CV
- Applicant Background and Overview
- Two references
- Essay Questions
- Application Video
- Project Timeline
How to Apply:
- Click on your affiliated institution above to access the 2018 Fellowship application.
- If you are not affiliated with any of the listed institutions, click on « General Application » to apply.
- If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Rukmani Kapoor, Program Coordinator, at [email protected]
- January 31, 2018: All applications due
- April 15-30, 2018: All Fellows are selected and notified
- May 1 2018-May 31, 2019: Head, Heart, Hands curriculum, project implementation in local communities, and personalized coaching via Skype
- June 2019 and beyond: Fellows graduate into LifeLong Fellows global leadership and learning community
For More Information: