Application Deadline: 24 February 2017 at 16H30.
The Department of Arts & Culture is currently receiving applications for heritage bursaries. This opportunity is available to financially needy individuals with South African citizenship.Proof of registration at an institution of higher learning will be required to apply.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Archaeology (marine, etc.)
- Archives and records management
- Conservation of the built environment
- Conservation and preventive conservation
- Collections (cultural & natural) management
- Heritage resources management
- Museum management and curatorship
- Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
- Information Science
VALUE OF THE BURSARY
Maximum up to R 70 000.
NB. Funds are payable directly to the higher institution of learning
The following documents must accompany the application:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of the salary statement or affidavit (if not working) of your parents/guardians
- Certified copy of grade 12 results
- If you were already studying at university in 2016 – latest results / academic record
Application forms can be obtained from the offices of the Department of Arts and Culture, 5th Floor, 481 Kingsley Centre, Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Streets, Arcadia, Pretoria or online at www.dac.gov.za.
Completed application forms together with certified copies of necessary documents should be sent to the:
Department of Arts and Culture
Private Bag X897
Applications can also be hand delivered to:
481 Kingsley Centre 5th Floor
Cnr. Stanza Bopape & Steve Biko Street
- Enquiries regarding the bursary applications should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012 441 3476.
- The closing date for submission of applications is 24 February 2017 at 16H30.
- Please note that should you not receive a response from the Department within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
- No late applications will be accepted.
For More Information: