Prize D4D rewards outstanding initiatives that use digitisation and (new) technologies as a lever for development towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Prize D4D consists of three categories:
The innovative idea / startup – ‘iStartUp’
The success story – ‘iStandOut’
- The public award – ‘iChoose’
- Everyone with a convincing project or innovative idea on ‘Digital for Development’ can participate.
- Prize D4D seeks to reward applications on digitisation for development regardless of the individuals, teams or organisations behind the work.
- Works can be submitted by individuals or teams who are for example part of a university, university college, research institution, non-governmental organisation (NGO), private institution, Public-Private Partnership (PPP), Citizen Initiative, etc.
Applications for Prize D4D are authorised for:
applicants with the Belgian nationality, incl. EU nationals or people with a right to a permanent residence in Belgium
applicants linked to a partner country of governmental cooperation or one of the countries with institutional university partnerships with Belgium.
All entries must have a clear link with Belgium.
A maximum of 3 winners will receive an award:
1 winner in the category ‘iStartUp’: an internship in a Belgian incubator to the value of 25.000 euro
- 1 winner in the category ‘iStandOut’: a credit line of 10.000 euro to be used for (research)activities towards further development of a career (participation in conferences, training courses, etc.)
- 1 winner in the category ‘iChoose’: a cash prize of 5.000 euro
Beyond its monetary value and the internship, Prize D4D offers all nominees the opportunity to increase their visibility and promote their cause to international audiences during the innovation fair and the award ceremony.
The remaining six nominees will receive a certificate. In addition, they can count on feedback from the jury upon request.
For More Information: