Application Deadline: 31 August 2016.
DIGITAL LAB AFRICA: A SPRINGBOARD FOR AFRICAN TALENT IN MULTIMEDIA
The objective of Digital Lab Africa is to provide a springboard for African talent in multimedia creation and to make their project happen with the support of French leading companies (studios, producers, broadcasters, distributors) such as ARTE (web creation), Okio-Studio (virtual reality), CCCP (video game), and 1D Touch/Believe Digital (digital music).
Digital Lab Africa is initiated by the French Embassy and the French Institute in South Africa as part of their on-going industry support and action plan in the media and creative industries. The Digital Lab Africa is organised in partnership with DISCOP AFRICA and TRACE, together with a range of French and local partners.
- Studios, production companies, and broadcasters/distributors, for project development support: Arte (Web creation/Transmedia category), Okio-Studio (Virtual Reality category), CCCP studio (Serious Game category), 1D Touch, Believe Digital (Digital Music category).
- Digital clusters/hubs, residencies and labs for project incubation in France: Gaité Lyrique/Creatis, Pictanovo, Cap Digital…
- Multimedia benchmark events in France for project presentation, capacity building, networking and fund raising: Paris Games Week /Game connection, Virtuality, Forum Blanc…
- Local partners, clusters and professional associations/forums, for local support to the DLA platform and project incubation: Make Games SA/Interactive Entertainment South Africa, Virtual Reality SA, French Tech Hub du Cap, Tshimologong precinct…
- Digital Lab Africa call for projects is open to any professional or individual in multimedia creation: artists, producers, start-up, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The applicants have to be based in this region or being nationals of one of the Sub-Saharan African countries, provided the project development is mostly implemented locally.
- The Digital Lab Africa call for projects targets artists, producers, designers, startups, students in the media and creative industries.
- It is open to any professional or individual having an innovative project in 4 categories of multimedia production: web creation/transmedia, virtual reality, video game (serious game) and digital music.
Digital Lab Africa Incubation Ticket
- From 2 to 4 November, selected applicants will take part in a pitch competition at DISCOP AFRICA Johannesburg.
- The 4 winning projects (1 per category) will get the chance to win a 3,000 € cash prize and a Digital Lab Africa incubation ticket to support the project development during 3 to 6 months in 2017.
- The DLA project incubation will include mentorship and project development support by French reference partners for each category.
- Additionally, the incubation ticket will comprise residence time in France within digital cluster and participation in benchmark multimedia events.
- The expected outcome of Digital Lab Africa is market ready content/productions showcasing African creativity and French know-how at their best.
For More Information: