Application Deadline: June 3rd 2018
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to support the Brighter Living Scholarship in light of the 2018 Summit in The Hague. Our purpose is to create brighter lives for people today and generations to come. We connect our unique competencies in Life Sciences and Material Sciences to create solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance.
With the Brighter Living Scholarship DSM will offer 4 scholarships to young leaders from Zambia and Ethiopia, who are working in the field of nutrition, towards eradicating malnutrition and tackling the issue of food security.
The scholarship builds on the Africa Improved Foods (AIF) partnership, which is an innovative public-private partnership making nutritious fortified foods locally in Africa for Africa with the objective of ending malnutrition. AIF is a partnership between DSM, IFC, CDC, FMO, Government of Rwanda and the World Food Programme.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM/AIF to more African countries, this scholarship seeks to support young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Zambia and Ethiopia who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks candidates who are making a positive impact on reducing malnutrition and improving the food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and improve quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize)
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis during the Summit, 14 to 20 (inclusive) October, 2018
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 13 October and/or 21 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Discretionary funds to provide for emergency out of pocket expenses whilst in The Hague.
- Participation in DSM’s One Young World Program
- Participation in DSM’s onboarding workshops before the OYW Summit
- Individual coaching with leaders from Africa Improved Foods and/or DSM
- Buddying with 2018 DSM delegates prior, during and post Summit
- Participation in webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the program
For More Information: