Application Deadline: September 30th 2019
The University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme 2019/2020 – If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee. If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) or from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation (see the full terms and conditions for definition of “ordinary residence”)
- be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
- for 2019-20 entry: be applying for a full-time Masters course starting in 2019-20 (excluding MBA)
- meet the academic criteria in the table above
These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. If you intermit from your course, you may, with the agreement of your department and at the discretion of the Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment, be entitled to a pro-rata payment of the remainder of your award on your return to study.
How to apply
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
- For 2019-20 entry: If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 13 September 2019 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You’ll be notified of your award when your place at Essex is confirmed or by end of October 2019.
For More Information: