Application Deadline: October 31st 2016
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation : This scholarship is open to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university.
(To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.)
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2016.
- To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1981. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1986.
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
- The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
- The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree. The student, once awarded the scholarship will be able to choose the option (1), (2) or (3) as below.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc. will be provided to scholarship students following to the scholarship provision rules.
Number of Scholarships Available : 15 to 20 students
- September 1 ～ October 31, 2016 : Register your applications
- January 31, 2017 : Announcement of the first selection. The candidates who have passed will be announced on the web page. (Honjo will put the candidates’ application number.
- February 1 ～ 15, 2017 :The second selection by an interview . The interview will be held in Tokyo. (TBA
- Mid-March, 2017 : Announcement of the second selection. The candidates who have passed will be announced on th web page. (Honjo will put the candidates’ application number.)
How to Apply:
- Download the “Guidelines for Application” below, and check to see if you are eligible
- Write <Web Application Form> to get your Application Number for this scholarship program.
- Your Application Number will be sent automatically to your email address that you confirmed on the Web Application. Please make a note of the number.
**You will need the number when we announce the results**
- Download all the applications below and fill in the forms out in Japanese. (If your name or your current address cannot be translated into Japanese, please write these down in English)
- Please make sure to write down your application number at the right corner of each form and send them to the Administration Office including all the required documents as stipulated in the Guideline for Application.
|Guideline for Application (WORD）||WORD27KB||DOWNLOAD|
|Guideline for Application (PDF）||PDF85KB||DOWNLOAD|
|Application Form (WORD) ※||WORD22KB||DOWNLOAD|
|Application Form (PDF) ※||PDF49KB||DOWNLOAD|
|CV (WORD) ※||WORD22KB||DOWNLOAD|
|CV (PDF) ※||PDF32KB||DOWNLOAD|
|Personal Statement (WORD) ※||WORD19KB||DOWNLOAD|
|Personal Statement (PDF) ※||PDF32KB||DOWNLOAD|
For More Information: