Application Deadline: October 31, 2015
The 2016 Honjo International Scholarship Foundation Scholarships for Foreign Students to study in Japan is open to foreign students who will attend a graduate school at a Japanese university.
Number of Scholarships Available : 15 to 20 students
The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time
required to complete the intended degree.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for 1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
(To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.)
- The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
- The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2016.
- To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31,1980.
- Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1985
- The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school.
The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese
How to Apply:
- Please visit the website below and fill a form, and get your application number. Awarded candidates’ application numbers are announced on the website on January 31, 2016 so be advised to save the number you got. http://www.hisf.or.jp/english/index.html
- Write down the application number on the application form and send the documents listed below to the Administration Office by post mail. To be sent by E-mail is not acceptable.
(1) Scholarship application form; make sure to attach your photo to the form as instructed.
(2) Your resume
(3) Personal information form ※ Download the above forms (1)～
(3) provided on the website. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
(4) Academic transcript: Please provide the transcript
Please send your application package to:
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
1-14-9, Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0063
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: