Application Deadline 11 May, 2018
The Masters in Public Health for Eye Care at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a well-established course that aims to train leaders in prevention of blindness and to strengthen research and academic capacity for eye care programmes and training facilities, particularly in low- and middle-income countries. The course provides eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their population.
- come from low or middle income Commonwealth countries that are less represented in the alumni body of the MSc Public health for eye care
- work in regions where there are severe constraints in human resources for eye health
- work in regions where there are no / limited training opportunities in PHEC / community eye health
- demonstrate previous involvement / commitment to community eye health activities or VISION2020 programmes
- present a clear career plan in public health for eye care, which they will realistically
- be able to follow on completion of the MSc
- have experience in public health for eye care based research and/or training in eye care
- fulfil the UK Border Agency English Language Requirement by passing the LSHTM English language requirement by 11 May, 2018
Several scholarships are awarded each year. Each scholarship covers the following:
- all course fees
- two return flights
- dissertation project fund
- living costs
- accommodation with food at the International Students House in Central London.
1. Apply to the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine for a place on the course:
– For new applicants: LSHTM online application system is open for the 2018/19 academic year now. Apply here.
– For those who have been accepted from 2017/18: if you applied and were accepted to the 2017/18 academic year you must have requested to “be deferred” for the 2018/19 academic year. If you do not already hold a deferred offer of admission you will need to complete a new application.
2. To download the CEHC application, please click: CEHC 2018.19 – MSc PHEC Scholarships Application.
*Please note that only completed applications will be moved forward for review.
For More Information: