Application Deadline: 30 November 2014
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. A distinguished scientist and aeronautical engineer by training, Dr Kalam was presented an Honorary Doctorate of Engineering from the University of Sydney in 2011 in recognition of his contribution to the profession. The Dr Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship celebrates his commitment to education, and his endeavours to support outstanding students to develop as future leaders.
The scholarship is:
- Open to all international applicants with an offer of admission for a Master by coursework program in the Faculty of Engineering and IT at the time of submitting a scholarship application.
- Open to applicants with a firm/unconditional offer of admission by the relevant scholarship closing date for the appropriate semester.
- Students who have already commenced their postgraduate studies, or students transferring from other postgraduate programs are not eligible
- The scholarship shall be awarded on recommendation of the Faculty Selection Panel based on academic merit with a minimum high distinction average or equivalent as indicated by the applicant’s performance in their undergraduate degree.
- The scholarship is valued at 50% of the tuition fees for the Master program and year offered, subject to satisfactory academic performance deemed to be a minimum of credit average (65%) each semester.
- The recipient will be responsible for paying the balance of the tuition fees while enrolled in the program.
- The scholarship cannot be deferred and is not transferrable to another Faculty or university. Scholars must not hold an equivalent scholarship simultaneously.
Successful candidates will be informed by 5 December 2014.
Applicants must complete an online scholarship application, and submit their academic transcripts and admission letter of offer
to the Scholarships Officer by the scholarship closing date
To be considered for this scholarship applicants must first receive an offer of admission to postgraduate coursework study
in the Faculty of Engineering and IT at the University of Sydney. Applications without a valid offer of admission will not be
For More Information: