Application Deadline: 9 or 23 January 2015, depending on your course
The Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme supports outstanding postgraduate students from transition and emerging economies throughout Africa, Asia and South America.
The Louis Dreyfus Foundation aims to promote sustainable agriculture, food security and self-sufficiency, particularly through education and direct support to farmers, with a specific focus on emerging countries in the above-mentioned regions.
The Leadership Programme includes:
- an annual Moral Philosophy Seminar – including moderated discussions and workshops on political philosophy and leadership development;
- practical skills training in presentation, interviewing, exam and op-ed (‘opposite the editorial page’) writing techniques;
- a London Leadership Forum at the end of the academic year;
- engagement in the Institute for Strategic Dialogue’s projects and conferences; and
- numerous networking opportunities throughout the year.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
- You should be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford.
- A full list of eligible countries (within Africa, Asia and South America) is yet to be confirmed but will be added to this page in October 2014.
- The Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme targets future leaders pursuing diverse careers with a focus on improving food security and sustainability.
- Successful applicants must demonstrate an interest in serving the global community through their chosen field of work, including but not limited to, agriculture, health care, environmental and water management, economic, public and foreign policy.
- You should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level.
- This scholarship seeks to support individuals who, following completion of their supported studies, will go on to actively engage in their chosen fields.
How to Apply:
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select the Louis Dreyfus-Weidenfeld Scholarship and Leadership Programme in the Funding section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (9 January or 23 January 2015.
- You must also complete a Weidenfeld Scholarships Questionnaire and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline, in order for your application to be complete.
- Fill Out the Graduate Application Form for Oxford