Application Deadline: January 15, 2016.
The Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy was created for international students looking to gain biomedical research experience at a top-tier US research institution.
Participants in the Vanderbilt International Summer Research Academy conduct a biomedical research project under the supervision of a Vanderbilt faculty scientist.
- Applicants cannot be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Applicants should have a strong desire to pursue an advanced (PhD) degree in the biological or biomedical sciences and should be highly motivated to learn.
- Applicants should have completed at least 2 years of university studies, achieving high grades. It is anticipated that most VISRA students will currently be enrolled in a University outside of the United States and will have recently completed their second or third year of studies.
- Most of the applicants will come from the sciences or medicine. While all international students are welcome to apply, preference will be given to students who are currently outside of the United States
- Applicants should have excellent English language skills. While your English may improve at the Academy, this is not an opportunity to study English.
Vanderbilt University will pay for Summer Research Academy participants. This includes:
- Round-trip airplane ticket.
- Transportation to and from the Nashville airport.
- A stipend of $3,000.00 to help you pay other expenses (meals, local transportation, etc.) during VISRA.
- Health insurance as required to meet US immigration regulations.
The application period for 2016 June-July VISRA will run from October 1, 2015 until January 15, 2016. No applications submitted after January 15 will be considered.
For questions regarding the application process, contact (615) 343-1518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information: