Application Deadline: 1 December, 2015
The DREAM Project (with financial support granted by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Programme) grants scholarships to students from ACP countries and staff members to undertake a mobility period, or full degree, in some of the best universities in Europe.
Scholarships are available for master and doctorate students and also for staff members (academic and administrative) and include a monthly allowance, travel, insurance and tuition fees.
The available scholarships are:
For ACP candidates:
- Master (Full): 1 year
- Master (Mobility): 10 months
- Must be a national of one of the eligible ACP countries;
Central Africa: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo ,São Tomé and Príncipe
- East and Southern Africa: Burundi, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia,Zimbabwe
- Southern Africa: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique ,Namibia,Swaziland, Tanzania
- West Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau ,Ivory Coast, Liberia ,Mali , Mauritania , Niger , Nigeria , Senegal,Sierra Leone, Togo.
- Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership (not applicable to staff nor Target Group 3 applicants);
- Must have not benefited in the past from an Erasmus Mundus scholarship for the same type of mobility;
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries;
- Must respect the specific and additional criteria applicable to each type of mobility (master, doctorate, academic and administrative staff).
Specific criteria for each type of mobility:
- Master (full) (ACP countries > EU)
Must have already completed their Bachelor’s course at an institution from an eligible ACP country on the moment of submitting the application.
- Master (mobility) (ACP countries > EU)
Must be enrolled in the 1st year of a 2 year Master programme at one of the ACP Countries institutions (Target Group I and II applicants only).
The selected applicants of this Project will receive a monthly scholarship, according to the type of mobility they will carry out:
|Mobility||Number of Months||Monthly Amount|
|ACP » Europe||Master (mobility)||10||1.000 €|
|Full Master||24||1.000 €|
|Doctorate (mobility)||10||1.500 €|
|Academic and Administrative Staff||1||2.500 €|
|Europe » ACP||Academic and Administrative Staff||1||2.500 €|
Eligible areas of study
According to the Guidelines of the Erasmus Mundus Programme, the mobility flows within the scope of this Project are possible in the 16 study fields:
- 01.0 – Agriculture Sciences
- 02.0 – Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning
- 03.0 – Art and Design
- 04.0 – Business Studies, Management Science
- 05.0 – Education, Teacher Training
- 06.0 – Engineering, Technology
- 07.0 – Geography, Geology
- 08.0 – Humanities
- 09.0 – Languages and Philological Sciences
- 10.0 – Law
- 11.0 – Mathematics, Informatics
- 12.0 – Medical Sciences
- 13.0 – Natural Sciences
- 14.0 – Social Sciences
- 15.0 – Communication and Information Sciences
- 16.0 – Other Areas of Study
Target Group I:
- Applicants who are registered or have a formal link to one of the partner institutions at the time of submitting their application.
Applicants must have the formal support of the institution (through formal letter of support) to submit the application.Target Group II:
- Applicants who are registered at a non-partner institution of the ACP eligible countries
applicants who have obtained a university degree or equivalent from an ACP institution (partner or non-partner) but are not currently enrolled, or
- Applicants who have a formal link with non-partner institutions of the third-countries from the eligible list of countries at the time of submitting their application
All applicants are advised to have the formal support of the institution (through formal letter of support) to submit the application.Target Group III:
- Applicants who are nationals of one of the ACP countries and are in a particularly vulnerable situation for social and political reasons. For example:
having a refugee status or asylum beneficiaries (international or according to the national legislation of one of the European recipient countries), or
- it can be proved that they have been the object of unjustified expulsion from university on racial, ethnic, religious, political, gender or sexual inclination, or they belong to an indigenous population targeted by a specific national policy or IDPs (Internally Displaced Persons)
For More Information: