Application Deadline: August 7th 2015
The AERC/Journal of African Economies Visiting Scholars Programme provides for short-term visiting Fellowships to the Centre for the Study of African Economies at the University of Oxford. The programme will enable AERC network members to visit Oxford and work on a publishable journal article from their recent research.
It is intended that the Fellowship will support independent research and study while at Oxford. Visiting fellows will interact with scholars and participate in the intellectual life of the Centre, the Department of Economics and St Antony’s College.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Hold a PhD in Economics;
- Be affiliated with an academic institution or research centre located in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have authored publications in refereed journals.
- Visiting Fellows will be provided with a desk in shared office space, and with access to the internet and University libraries.
- Accommodation will be provided at St Antony’s College, as well as membership of the St Antony’s College Senior Common Room.
- A stipend will be provided to cover the cost of a return flight and the cost of living while in Oxford.
Applications should include the following:
- A letter stating what the applicant wishes to do while at Oxford including proposed title(s) of paper(s) they intend to write and outlines if available;
- Copy of any completed AERC project reports;
- Copy of their updated curriculum vitae.
All applications should be addressed to:
Director of Research
African Economic Research Consortium
Mebank Tower, Milimani Rd
P. O. Box 62882 City Square, 00200
Tel: (254 – 20) 2734150/3/7; 2734163/6
Fax: (254 – 20) 2734170/3
e-mail: [email protected]
For More Information: