These grants provide support to women to pursue a certification, diploma, or technical degree in conservation. These scholarships allow women in the Congo Basin to gain much-needed formal conservation qualifications. Scholars receive financial support for education-related costs for a period of about one year (maximum of US$10,000.) Study can take place anywhere in the world, must lead to a certificate, diploma, or degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a Train Scholarship.
- Be a citizen and legal resident of Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, or Republic of Congo.
- Be currently employed in conservation at a government agency, protected area, NGO, or educational institution.
- Have at least one year work experience in conservation.
- Be enrolled in, be admitted to, or have applied to a study program ( to receive a certificate or diploma, or postgraduate/technical degree) by the application deadline AND must plan to begin studies no later than one year after the application deadline.
- Be accepted to a diploma, degree or certificate program less than 18 months in duration;
- Have support of her supervisor with a guarantee that she will return to her position after completion of the study program.
- Commit to working in conservation in her home country or region for at least two years after completion of the study program.
- Must NOT have received a scholarship or fellowship from EFN in the past (Applicants who have received professional development grants are eligible to apply.)
- WWF staff or a long-term consultant to WWF are not eligible to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are applying to a short-term non-degree training, please complete the Professional Development Application.
This year, EFN will review applications in 2 rounds:
- 1st Deadline: September 1, 2013
- 2nd Deadline: November 15, 2013
Please submit your application at least 3 months before your proposed training program start date.
Email [email protected] with questions about this opportunity or your application.