Application Deadline: 30 APRIL 2019.
The Department of Urbanism of the TU Delft and the Chair of Spatial Planning and Strategy will promote the sixth edition of the Summer School Planning and Design with Water for Sustainability in July 2019.
The Summer School combines spatial planning, urban design and environmental technology to tackle issues of sustainability, climate adaptation and water management in urban environments. It invites students to understand the theories and practices that bring together water management, urban sustainability and spatial justice and to apply the knowledge acquired in the elaboration of a vision and a spatial plan and design for an area in the city of The Hague in The Netherlands.
The aim of the Summer School is to explore the Dutch tradition of planning and design with water and the integration of water management and sustainability into urban development within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals and the New Urban Agenda.
The Summer School is led by the Delft University of Technology, in collaboration with national and international partners, including the City of The Hague, the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment, the Dutch Delta Programme, ARCADIS, Deltares and others private and public partners.
This school includes site visits, talks with professionals and academics and a short studio-based exercise, where students and teachers will explore possibilities through the elaboration of a spatial vision, the design of a spatial strategy and spatial interventions in the city of the Hague, located in one of the most important Urbanised Delta Regions of the world.
TU Delft Sub-Saharan Africa Summer School Scholarship 2019
This scholarship is intended for passport holders of countries in Sub-Saharan Africa between 22 and 28 years of age, studying in the following areas:
- Urban design
- Spatial planning (town, urban and regional planning)
- Environmental engineering
- Water engineering
- Urban law and management
- Political sciences
- Public administration
- Areas that have a close relationship with planning and design of sustainable cities and communities.
You have to follow the instructions carefully in order to apply for the scholarship. If you fail to deliver one of the items required, we will not be able to take your candidacy into account.
The scholarship includes
- A round-trip ticket between your country of origin and Amsterdam. The ticket will be organised and bought by TU Delft upon selection of the candidate and the granting of a Dutch visa.
- The fees for the SummerSchool (400 euros) will be waived.
- A small amount of pocket money, enough for meals and transport during 20 days in the Netherlands.
- Accommodation during your stay (you might be housed with a TU Delft student during the period of the Summer School).
The scholarship does not include
- The fee for the Dutch visa in your country.
- Your health insurance (mandatory for students coming to the Netherlands. Please, ask us for instructions on how to get a health insurance).
- Any extra costs incurring from your stay (trips, transfers or other activities not included in the Summer School programme, including fines resulting from breaches of the law, damage to others and accidents. You must be insured).
If you have any questions, please contact Roberto Rocco at [email protected]
For More Information: