Application Deadline: July 31st, 2023.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST). The goal is to raise the next generation of ethical and transformative leaders who would influence positive forward-looking changes in their respective home countries specifically and on the African Continent as a whole.
MCFSP at KNUST provides comprehensive scholarships for access to quality university education to QUALIFIED academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program offers an opportunity for her scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to become effective change leaders. The Program provides an array of services including mentorship, ethical leadership seminars, skills training, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will equip the scholar to be a global citizen.
- At the time of application, all prospective candidates must have in their possession, a genuine and valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O ‘Level & A ‘Level or their equivalent results from an accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old.
- The candidates must further meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. The scholarship is awarded contingent on the premise that the applicant is successfully admitted into a program at KNUST.
- For admission into KNUST Ghanaian applicants need to purchase an E voucher for the purpose and fill the application for admission whenever the online portal opens – international applicants are instructed to visit the same address and select the option for International students only.
- NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be processed for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to:
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support ServicesCareer Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application form (HERE!)
- The scholarship application form is free and has a feature of a “2022” watermark.
- Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can. Do not wait until admissions are opened at KNUST.
- Completed application forms must be sent via courier mail (Eg. EMS, DHL, Fedex, UPS) to the address below;
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
Africa Hall Road, Impact Building
2022 APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE Monday, July 31st 2023.
- The application for the scholarship is a staggered ongoing process, from mid-March to end of September, 2023.
- There will be 3 interviews in sequence conducted by 3 independent panels and at each stage, unsuccessful candidates would be notified.For Ghanaian applicants, there would be unannounced on-site visits.
- Successful applicants would be written to only when their results have been verified, interviewed 3 times and for Ghanaian applicants visited.
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- The decisions of the Terminal Selection Committee are Final.Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further enquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790 / +233-3220-62975 or email us at [email protected] or [email protected]
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application.
- The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants as when necessary.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2023/2024