Application Deadline: Thursday, October 15 2020 Cairo time.
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development is proud to launch the sixth round of the fully funded Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship Program for candidates seeking the degree of Masters of Development Practice (MDP) from the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA.
- Egyptian national
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills (extracurricular activities/community work/entrepreneurial initiative)
- Demonstrate inability to finance studies from own resources
- While no specific experience or academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS exam scores with a minimum of 600 (paper-based), 250 (computer-based), 100 (internet-based, minimum 22 on each section) on the TOEFL, or 7 for the IELTS.
- A valid Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score is required. No specific score is required, however, Fall 2018 admitted students tested within average GRE Verbal Reasoning Percentile: 59% and average GRE Quantitative Reasoning Percentile: 43%
- Completion of a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years
- Completion of an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience
- Employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years
- The scholarship will cover full tuition, living expenses, travel and health insurance.
For More Information: