Application Deadline: February 1st 2020
The 2-year master programme in “Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management” (Oceans & Lakes) addresses students with a background in Sciences.
Oceans & Lakes is an inter-university programme organized by the Faculty of Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB, Free University of Brussels), Universiteit Antwerpen (UAntwerpen, Antwerp University) and Universiteit Gent (UGent, Ghent University). The students are provided with a strong fundamental and applied knowledge and prepared for an active role in the scientific research and management of marine and lacustrine systems.
The programme adopts a multidisciplinary approach integrating physical, chemical geological, ecological and societal aspects and including nature conservation and sustainable development.
Opportunities offered by Oceans & Lakes
– A wide spectrum of disciplines related to marine and lacustrine science and management are covered.
– Since admission is allowed to various science related bachelor degrees, it may offer a unique opportunity to re-orientate your study career.
– All classes are expertise-based as guaranteed by the large numbers of renowned research groups related to the programme.
– A wide spectrum ofthesis subjects will be offered by the various research groups associated with the programme including the NIOZ and UCL (associated as visiting professors).
– You study together with students from all continents providing the global context of future marine and lacustrine research and management.
– The highest standard of education and research is guaranteed by the three universities.
– Classes are organized at all three universities in an efficient way to minimize travelling and maximize acquaintance with existing facilities, research groups and infrastructure.
– Strong focus on practical and field work.
For More Information: