Application Deadline: Ongoing
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) offers scholarships to African students who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, but outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Programme nurtures leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cooperation between African countries.
MINDS Scholarships are applicable to full-time studies of a one or two-year Honours or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions in Africa. As one of the partners of the programme, Old Mutual sponsors studies related to Actuarial Sciences, Finance, Business Sciences and Accounting for students studying in South African, Kenyan and Nigerian institutions.
Each scholarship covers the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend
Individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study elsewhere on the African continent, but outside their home country, are invited to apply for the scholarships.
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- University of Ibadan, Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Scholarships will be awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process.
To be considered for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete application form with the required supporting documentation as set out on the application form.
For More Information: