Application Deadline: December 15th 2016
ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes:
Under the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) students receive a special scholarship for the duration of their programme as well as specific supervision. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during their Master’s degree course.
Under the Master Scholarship Programme (MSP) students receive a partial stipend during their Master’s degree course and the offer of an assistantship.
- The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students both from the ETH and from other universities (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
- The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’s. Students must belong to the best 10 percent of their Bachelor’s programme.
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
The application consists of
- an application form (PDF, 86 KB)
- a letter of motivation
- a pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see the separate guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 21 KB))
- letters of recommendation from two professors
For More Information: