Application Deadline: July 11th 2018
EWB’s Kumvana Fellowship brings together African social entrepreneurs and changemakers for a transformative personal and professional development experience.
The program includes online learning, regional African retreats, and a 5-week intensive Canadian experience. Following a week of leadership training in Toronto, Fellows are hosted by EWB’s Canadian chapters across the country who connect the Fellows with local leaders and organizations working on similar challenges.
The program provides Fellows with the opportunity to develop new ideas, problem-solve, and learn from like-minded professionals so that they may enhance the social impact of their work.
The Kumvana program gives to its Fellows the opportunity to network and foster collaborations with Canadian professionals and extraordinary leaders from other African countries. Additionally, these changemakers will receive new skills, ideas, contacts, motivation and the potential to lead that will help guide their actions toward greater, sector-wide impact.
- You are a social entrepreneur or changemaker striving for systemic impact in Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Côte D’Ivoire, Zambia or Malawi.
- You are eager to accelerate your leadership journey and are seeking support, coaching, and new tools to further your current project.
- You are open to different ways of living, have a strong interest in new cultures, and embrace a growth mindset at all times. You are ready to engage in personal reflection and bring intention to your leadership development.
As a Kumvana Fellow, you will:
- Dedicate about 3 hours/week to an online learning course
- Participate in a weekend African retreat to meet our community
- Build relationships with African and Canadian leaders and changemakers during a 5-week intensive Canadian experience
- Stay with a Canadian host family
- Learn from relevant professional Canadian networks
- Bring intention and reflection to your personal leadership journey
The program is costs covered. All costs related to the program are either paid for directly by EWB (airfare, insurance, visas, etc.) or indirectly through a modest daily stipend, which covers basic living expenses (food, local travel) while in Canada.
- You are a citizen of, and currently working in, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Côte D’Ivoire, Zambia or Malawi
- You have not previously taken part in a similar fellowship program
- You are proficient in English
- You are able to travel to Canada in January/February 2019 for a full-time five-week experience
- You can commit to an 8-week online course, taking about 3 hours of work per week
- You are flexible in living conditions (sharing a room with another fellow of the same gender, living with a family, etc.)
- You have the energy and drive to handle a fast-paced schedule while in Canada
For More Information: