Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
UPCOMING PROGRAM: jULY ’18 IDEX FELLOWSHIP
Fellowship cycle : july – December, 2018 I BANGALORE, INDIA
IDEX is a six-month fellowship experience designed for aspiring social intrapreneurs who want to take control of their career path while helping to address society’s most pressing problems.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Have a Bachelor, Masters or Graduate Degree (in any field) prior to start of program
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Be proficient in English (both written and spoken)
- Can obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience
- Have excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal)
Pre-Departure Orientation 3 weeks (Online)
The IDEX Fellowship begins with three weeks of virtual training delivered by IDEX staff and alumni. This orientation consists of virtual seminars, readings, and strategic deliverables to personally and professionally prepare you for your six month field experience.
Field Orientation is an intensive five day training and orientation event. Fellows will glean insight from professionals within India’s social impact sector, as well as undertake workshops and engage with professionals and colleagues in order to gain deeper insight and knowledge of key aspects of social impact work.
For six months, fellows work with one of IDEX’s partner enterprises as key staff member. Fellows work full-time with enterprises, interacting with customers, working hands-on with projects while building their proficiencies and grappling first-hand with the complex issues of working for a socially-minded enterprise.
In addition to full-time field placement, fellows will also undertake 24 weeks of custom developed curriculum modules that cover Managing Social Innovation, Advocacy & Outreach, Resource Mobilization and Impact Measurement. The IDEX Curriculum is self-paced and provides fellows with a baseline understanding of each focus area delivered through a combination of short-readings and curated content. Fellows can expect to commit approximately 4-5 hours a week on each curriculum modules for a minimum of 96 hours over the entire program.
Capacity Building Workshops
To accompany each curriculum module, fellows will particpate in four full-day capacity building workshops over the course of their fellowship led by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Mentors-in-Residence who are seasoned professionals and thought leaders in their respective fields.
The Reflection and Debriefing celebrates Fellows’ completion of the Global Fellowship. Fellows who have successfully completed all program requirements will be provided with the opportunity to showcase their work and their achievements amongst their peers and IDEX staff.
- IDEX provides partial scholarships for select fellows seeking to participate in the IDEX Accelerator program.
- Funding is merit-based and awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship.
- This application is open to all global applicants.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IDEX Global Accelerator Fellowship
[…] year IDEX accelerator runs two fellowship cycles, the first intake is in January and the second intake is in […]