Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Expedia Group is excited to launch the Open World™ Accelerator, an initiative designed to advance innovation in the travel industry by helping startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs) fast-track their growth, and innovate on its purpose-built Open World™ technology platform.
If you are a startup or SMB meeting these criteria, Expedia group invite you to apply:
- Tech or tech-enabled and must have at least a have a product or service built to the MVP (minimum viable product) stage.
- Incorporated in the last 10 years or less
- Have a mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
The six-month, non-equity remote accelerator is open for startups and SMBs around the world, and features two programs:
Objective: Tying into the Open World™ social impact and sustainability strategy, this program aims to empower startups and SMBs in the travel and hospitality ecosystem using the Expedia Group platform.
Theme: Increase access for underserved travelers; making travel more open and accessible
Objective: Fast-track new platform capabilities through co-development with selected startups and SMBs on Expedia’s Open World™ platform.
Theme: To be announced
Launch Date: To be announced, 2023
Access to Expedia Group insights and tech to accelerate your organic growth and product development including access to Expedia Group products such as: Travel Agent Affiliate Program, Media Solutions, Affiliate Hub. Read more detail about these products in the FAQ.
Regular coaching and mentoring sessions by Expedia Group and external traveltech experts, in addition to workshops to advance both product and business roadmaps.
Connect with a community of like-minded travel tech innovators and participate in two in-person events: (1) Program Opening at Expedia Group’s HQ in January 2023, and (2) Program Closure/Demo Day in May 2023. Travel for both in-person events will be covered by Expedia Group.
Expedia Group press, social media, and website amplification will boost your visibility in industry and investment communities.
Access to up to $20,000 USD non-equity grant per selected participant company.
Opportunity to explore potential commercial and/or tech partnerships with Expedia Group.
- Clarity of problem statement and potential addressable market
- Uniqueness of product/solution
- Traction and scalability potential
- Team makeup and experience
- Mission, objective or focus to increase accessibility and/or inclusivity within the travel industry
- Quality of presentation (if applicant moves to interview round)
|September 28, 2022||Application Open|
|October 21, 2022||Application Deadline|
|December 2022||Participants Announcement|
|January 2023||Program Opening|
|May 2023||Program Closure and Demo Day|
For More Information: