Application Deadline: September 30 2014
What: The 5th Africa Emerging Leaders Conference
When: Thursday 9th and Friday 10th October 2014.
Where: Strathmore University Auditorium, in Nairobi, Kenya.
Whom: Youth aged between 16 -30 years.
Organizers: World Youth Alliance
The Africa Emerging Leaders Conference – AELC is an annual World Youth Alliance event that brings together youth from across Africa to interact with leaders and policy makers on current global issues through lectures and discussions. In addition, a rich display of culture is enjoyed through the sessions at the conference
This year’s theme will focus on the “Economic Development and the Family” The role youth play which resonates with the UN Global focus on the family this being the 20th Anniversary of the International year of the family. It will enable youth to engage ideas that are of importance to young people on the rising continent of Africa. This will help us to understand how we can contribute to a better Africa and it turn a better world in solidarity as the Emerging Leaders on the Africa continent!
- Lunch and snacks will be provided for the two days of the Conference.
- All travel expenses will be borne by the participants.
- Guidance to the economical options available for accommodation will be communicated to participants in due course so as to enable secure and affordable days in Nairobi.
- WYA Africa will not finance accommodation. Payments for accommodation will be made by the participants.
How to Apply:
- All interesetd applicants must fill out their details through the application form here as below before the September 30th 2014 deadline.
- You will be notified via email or call if you have been accepted for the conference.
- All applications forms can be sent via email to [email protected] or through postal address: World Youth Alliance Africa, P.O.Box 24021 – 00100, Nairobi Kenya.
- Download: Africa ELC Application Form.
cost of the Conference?
The conference will cost 2,500 Kenya Shillings (30 USD) per participant. This will cater for conference kits with information, food, snacks and entertainment for the two-day conference.
For More Information: