Application Deadline: 6pm GMT on 18th June 2020
- Are you a young person aged 18 to 30 taking a lead in the Covid-19 response?
- Are you passionate about the role of young people in humanitarian action?
- The Organizers are recruiting a group of 20 Young Leaders for an initial 6-months pilot project to support the design, delivery and evaluation of the work of the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action.
- Where: Home based.
- Timeline: June-December 2020 (with potential to extend for a further 12 months)
- Hours required: 120 hours (20 hours per month for 6 months)
- Stipend: Dependent on local context, to cover internet access and travel where safe.
The Youth Compact Champions programme is an opportunity for 20 young leaders (aged 18-30) who are tackling the COVID-19 emergency in their communities and /or have experience responding to previous humanitarian crises. The programme will support these 20 young leaders to mobilise over 1,000 young people around the world to support the design, delivery and evaluation of the work of the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action and it’s members, reaching over 75,000 people.
The Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action is a group of 53 international organisations, governmental and non-governmental members who are committed to prioritise the needs and rights of young women and men, girls and boys affected by disaster, conflict, forced displacement or other emergencies.
The Youth Compact Champions Initiative is made possible with the support of ActionAid, UN Major Group of Children & Youth and other Compact partners. The initiative is coordinated by Restless Development.
The Youth Compact Champions will work together to;
- Contribute to technical guidance for Compact members working with young people in Covid-19 response and beyond.
- Conduct youth-led research and capture data to inform decision making of the Compact, on Covid-19 response and beyond.
- Support the Compact with the design of projects and funding proposals to respond to the Covid-19 emergency and beyond.
- Support the design, delivery and evaluation of accountability initiatives led by Compact members, in response to Covid-19 and beyond.
To support Youth Compact Champions to participate in these activities, Restless Development, ActionAid and UNMGCY will
- Provide mentoring and guidance through weekly calls, throughout the duration of the project.
- Providing online training to develop technical knowledge and skills in key capacity strengthening areas, from youth leadership to resilience.
This role is home based and you will need a secure internet connection. A monthly stipend will be provided to support participation costs (e.g. internet access and travel were safe and appropriate).
Application Criteria & Process Essential
- You have personal or work experience responding to a humanitarian crisis.
- You have experience working with different organisations including youth organisations, NGOs, UN agencies and government bodies
- You are connected to existing youth networks, at local and national level.
- You have good spoken and clear written English, strong computer skills and have an internet connection*.
- You have strong teamwork and communication skills, and experience working online with others from different backgrounds.
- You have experience currently working, volunteering or partnered with a Compact member (see here for full list https://www.youthcompact.org/partners)
- You have experience of collecting and analysing data (For example;. surveys, focus groups)
- You have experience of accountability and advocacy work.
- You have good spoken and clear written skills in an additional language.
Young women, people living with disabilities, LGBTI young people and those from refugee and ethnic minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
*If you would like to nominate a non-English speaking candidate, and your organisation is able to provide translation and communications support for the duration of the project, please state so in the application form.
To APPLY please complete this online APPLICATION FORM by 6pm GMT on 18th June
For more information or if you have any questions contact: [email protected]essdevelopment.org
For More Information: