Application Deadline: 22nd February 2015
Implementation period 15 April – 15 October 2015
This grant is presented in the framework of the Joint Management Agreement between the European Commission – EuropeAid Co-operation Office and the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe.
The Seed Funding for Africa Europe Youth Co-operation is a grant allocation intended to promote Africa Europe youth exchanges, networking and political participation of non-state actors. It aims at funding initiatives which provides the possibility for youth leaders, youth workers, experts and trainers to participate in Euro African Youth activities and youth exchanges projects.
The Seed Funding also aims to strengthen the role of youth organisations as civil society actors and youth leaders’ ability to organise and take action as well as strengthen young people’s political participation in Euro-African co-operation. The grants are of a maximum 2500€ (two thousand and five hundred euros) per project/organisation.
- The application should be submitted by a youth organisation, network or non-state actor at local, national, (sub)regional or international level that is active in promoting Africa Europe Youth Co-operation;
- Applicant organisation must have a bank account open in the name of the organisation, since payments will be made through bank transfers only;
- Priority is given to projects presented by organisations coming from Africa and/or from the African Diaspora Living in Europe, and organisations/networks that submit projects which will allocate the grant support for African youth participants in the project and/or participation of African Diaspora in the project;
- The participants in the project benefiting from the grant should be under 35 years of age;
- Innovative projects with an experimental approach are encouraged to apply;
- Projects that respond to the thematic priorities identified in the 3rd Africa-Europe Youth Leaders’ Summit (30th March-2nd April 2014)-Youth Leadership, Youth Entrepreneurship and Youth as Peace Builders, are highly encouraged in this call as well as follow-up initiatives of the Summit;
- Projects foreseen in the framework of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship (e.g. African University on Youth and Development) are also highly encouraged;
- It is only possible to allocate one grant per project, even if submitted by different organisations;
- It is possible to request Seed Funding grant as partial funding of a project but please notice:
- Projects must be implemented during the period 15 April– 15 October 2015, with no possibility for postponement. As the 2015 calendar for all events of the Network of Universities is not closed yet, an exception regarding dates might be made for projects to be developed in this framework;
- Applications can be submitted in English or French.
- International and local travel
- Board and lodging
- Visa expenses
- Fees for experts ( e.g. trainers, facilitators, speakers and others)
- Administrative costs (materials, postal costs, communication)
- Download Application Form
The application should be sent to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
For More Information: