Application Deadline: 12am (midnight, BST) on Thursday 31 March 2016
The Sustainable Development Goals: what role for universities?
Saturday 13 – Saturday 20 August 2016
University of Rwanda, Kigali, Rwanda
The Commonwealth Summer School was first instigated by the ACU in 2011, to provide a forum for high quality students from every corner of the Commonwealth to come together and discuss multidisciplinary issues of global importance.
A key element of the summer school is its desire to mix local/regional students with those who may have never had the opportunity to leave their own regions.
Who can attend?
- The School is open to students from all disciplines who are in their final year of an undergraduate degree (with the intention to go on to postgraduate studies) or undertaking Masters or doctoral level degrees at any university in a Commonwealth member state.
- Students who have already attended a previous summer school are not eligible to attend.
- Applications should be submitted using the online form. Priority will be given to students from member institutions who have not had the opportunity to travel outside their home region.
- The cost of the summer school is £250 for students from ACU member institutions and £350 for students from other Commonwealth universities.
- This includes registration, accommodation (in same sex shared rooms), travel and transport during the summer school (but not travel to the summer school), all meals at the conference venue and airport transfer on arrival (limited availability) to the venue.
A limited number of both full and partial bursaries are available:
- Full bursaries cover the programme registration fee, accommodation, return, flights to and from Rwanda, as well as most meals.
- Partial bursaries cover the registration fee, accommodation, and most meals but excludes flights.
Bursaries do not cover the costs of visas, insurance, vaccinations or travel to and from the delegate’s home airport and delegates are responsible for ensuring they have these covered before the start of the programme.
Please note the application deadline is 12am (midnight, BST) on Thursday 31 March 2016. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be contacted in May 2016.
For More Information: