Application Deadline: 15 April 2015
For the Internet Governance Leaders of Tomorrow: Learning in a Multi Stakeholder Environment
Meissen / Germany, 26 July – 1 August 2015
The European Summer School on Internet Governance (Euro-SSIG) helps interested students and academics as well as individuals working in the private sector or in government, to understand better the global Internet Governance controversy and to get a comprehensive and structured knowledge on the various aspects of Internet Governance.
The European Summer School on Internet Governance offers annually (end of July) a one week academic course (48 hours). The course covers the political, legal, economic, socio-cultural, technological and other dimensions of the governance of the Internet. The course includes also practical oriented lectures covering the management of critical Internet resources as well as the development of the domain name market.
Each academic lecture is followed by a Q&A Session. There are smaller more practical oriented workshops, round tables and case presentations as well as students project. Evening events with “Snacks & Wine” are for interactive communication among faculty and fellows. Students will get a “Certificate” for the successful participation in the Summer School.
Members of the faculty are outstanding international experts from the world leading universities and experienced manages from the Internet community who have actively participated in WSIS, WGIG, IGF and ICANN.
The Summer School on Internet Governance is organized by the University of Aarhus and the Medienstadt Leipzig e.V., a recognized “At Large Structure” (ALS) under ICANN Bylaws.
Applications will be accepted both from students and individuals working in the private sector, in government or in civil society groups from all over the world. Application criteria are a basic academic degree or relevant practical experiences. The full course fee is 1000 EUR (plus 19% VAT), but we offer reduced fee for master students of 500 EUR (plus 19% VAT). It includes, next to the lecture programme:
- six nights accommodation in the guest rooms of the academy
- breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee
- one evening reception in the “Meissen Porcelain Manufactory”
- gala dinner in the historic wine restaurant “Vincenz Richter”
- boat trip on the river Elbe
- free WiFi access and
- all teaching material.
- The EuroSSIG can offer students from developing countries an opportunity to apply for the global fellowship programme.
- These fellowships are limited and do not all include travel costs.
- Therefore EuroSSIG kindly ask you to indicate if you are able to cover your travel costs. The application period starts in January 2015 and remains open until 15 April 2015.
Apply Now for the 2015 European Summer School on Internet Governance
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the European Summer School on Internet Governance