Application Deadline: September 11, 2016, 09:00PM UAE local time.
Ford Motor Company’s Conservation & Environmental Grants programme has become an annual event in the Middle East and was recently expanded to cover North Africa. Since its inception in 2000, the Ford Grants has supported 194 projects with $1.49 million granted to date.
The programme was created to empower individuals and non-profit groups donating their time and effort to preserve the environmental well-being of their communities. By providing necessary funding and visibility, we hope to encourage the multiplication of similar grassroots efforts that will serve as catalysts for change across the globe.
The Ford Grants support ongoing and non-profit projects focused on Conservation Engineering, Protection of the Natural Environment and Environmental Education.
Entries are accepted from ongoing and not-for-profit projects from the following countries only: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Projects that are still in the planning or proposal stages cannot be considered.
This programme accepts entries from all types of not-for-profit conservation initiatives that are currently being implemented and need additional funding support. Projects that are still in the planning stages will not be considered.
Who can apply?
- Civil society organisation/NGO’s
- Schools, Colleges or Universities
Which countries can participate?
Projects that are currently being executed in the following countries can apply for grants:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
What categories are open for this year?
- Protection of the Natural Environment – Projects to conserve flora, fauna and/or their respective habitats.
- Conservation Engineering – Projects to reduce the rate of consumption of natural resources and/or pollution.
- Environmental Education – Projects aimed at creating or increasing environmental awareness.
- For 2016, a total of US$120,000 is available to be shared among the winning projects
- For 2016, the maximum cap for the requested grant amount is set at $15,000. Large scale projects that require bigger funding may not be considered.
- The Grant amount may only be taken as declared and announced by the jury panel, and cannot be amended or negotiated
- Applications will be received until September 11, 2016, 09:00PM UAE local time.
- Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.
For More Information: