Application Deadline: 15th August 2015
Ford Motor Company’s Conservation & Environmental Grants programme has become an annual event in the Middle East. Since its inception in 2000, the GCC/Levant chapter of the Ford Grants has supported at least 175 projects with more than $1.4 million granted to date.
The programme was created to empower individuals and non-profit groups donating their time and effort to preserve the environmental well-being of their communities. By providing necessary funding and visibility, we hope to encourage the multiplication of similar grassroots efforts that will serve as catalysts for change across the globe.
The Ford Grants support ongoing and non-profit projects focused on Conservation Engineering, Protection of the Natural Environment and Environmental Education. For 2015, a total of US$100,000 is available for deserving initiatives.
This programme accepts entries from all types of not-for-profit conservation initiatives that are currently being implemented and need additional funding support. Projects that are still in the planning stages will not be considered.
Who can apply?
- Civil society organisation/NGO’s
- Schools, Colleges or Universities
Which countries can participate?
Projects that are currently being executed in the following countries can apply for grants:
- Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt,Iraq,Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- Protection of the Natural Environment – Projects to conserve flora, fauna and/or their respective habitats.
- Conservation Engineering – Projects to reduce the rate of consumption of natural resources and/or pollution.
- Environmental Education – Projects aimed at creating or increasing environmental awareness.
For More Information: