Application Deadline: FRIDAY OCTOBER 16TH, 2015 at 3:00pm
GE a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric Company has been engaged in infrastructure development in Ghana for several years, notably through the supply of technology, services and know-how, training initiatives, investment and supply chain development in the power, transportation and healthcare sectors
GE will provide a flat-rated scholarship support through the “the GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana Level 100 under-graduate students in the areas of BSc Applied Sciences during the years of 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 (individually the “Scholarship Year”). Scholarships are renewable annually.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2015/16 applications for the award of the GE scholarship scheme from Level 100 students from areas of need.
You are eligible to apply if you:
1. Are a Ghanaian.
2. Are a Level 100 student.
3. Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE.
4. Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
5. Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
6. Are reading BSc in the Applied Science Earth Science, Computer Engineering IT or Computer Science.
7. Will maintain a 2.5 CGPA
8. Are of a Good Conduct.
- Download and submit a completed GE- FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades) letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
NOTE: Only BSc APPLIED SCIENCE CAN APPLY
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
• Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
• Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
• Birth Certificates (of siblings).
• Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
• SSNIT contribution statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
• High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
• West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
• University Acceptance Letter
• Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm That you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
For More Information: