Application Deadline: January 8, 2019 1PM
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is looking for outstanding young entrepreneurs from emerging and developing economies who have recently (in the last 5 years) founded a startup and are looking for opportunities to network and strengthen their business skills to participate in the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2019 and attend the Young Founders Conference from 2 to 6 April 2019 in Berlin, Germany.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded six-month programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. The programme kicks-off with the Westerwelle Young Founders Conference in Berlin taking place from 2 to 6 April 2019. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other as well as the German startup scene and support the participants with workshops on a variety of business topics.
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model that has achieved Product-Market Fit and has ideally secured first external funding (if you run a business model that requires external investment);
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies;
- you possess a good working knowledge of English;
- you are available to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can make time to participate in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-month programme.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long conference in Berlin to get to know fellow Young Founders, the German startup scene and strengthen the entrepreneurial skills by attending workshops and meetings (travel and accommodation will be covered by the Westerwelle Foundation),
- A personal mentor – an experienced entrepreneur who will function as a sparring partner with whom to discuss upcoming challenges and new opportunities,
- Monthly peer mentoring calls to share knowledge and support each other,
- Expert sessions on relevant topics (e.g. OKRs, investor KPIs, marketing & sales),
- The Young Founders Network – a strong alumni network to connect with other Young Founders, exchange ideas and find support for existing challenges,
- Exposure to the Berlin startup scene and the public for you and your startup via our social media channels and our networks,
- Assistance beyond the programme as we remain a contact person and will help in finding experts for challenges, offer possibilities to share learnings or celebrate successes.
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding was established in 2013 by Dr. Guido Westerwelle, former German Minister for Foreign Affairs, and Ralph Dommermuth, CEO and Founder of United Internet AG in Berlin, Germany. The foundation supports collaboration that transcends borders: between young entrepreneurs, executives and decision makers from around the world. The Foundation globally connects people and ideas and creates spaces for interaction and innovation.
Application Process WYFP Spring 2019
- Online application (Deadline: 8 January 2019, 1PM CET)
- Notification of application status to all candidates (23 January 2019)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted candidates (24 January – 12 February 2019)
- Jury decision and final selection of candidates (18 February 2019)
- Notification of application results to shortlisted candidates (19 February 2019)
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Spring 2019