Application Deadline: March 6, 2024
Applications are now open for the 2024 International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC) Young Journalists (YJ) Initiative.
The 2024 IACC is looking for young journalists from all over the world who are passionate about fighting corruption and have a desire to speak out about, report on and investigate social issues related to transparency, integrity and exposing corruption.
Young Journalists who have participated in the programme become part of the YJ Alumni programme and are given the opportunity to join Journalists for Transparency (www.j4t.org), a collective of over 100 journalists and storytellers who report on issues of transparency and corruption around the globe. J4T can provide small-to-medium scale grants for YJ alumni to work together and investigate specific cases of corruption. The purpose of the initiative is to inspire, enable and empower young journalists to hone their investigative craft in order to better expose corruption and its devastating impact on people’s lives.
Applicants must meet the three criteria listed below:
- You work as a journalist, with solid experience reporting on social issues, and are skilled in one of the following areas:
- Digital/print journalism
- Broadcast journalism
- Video making
- Social media (specifically TikTok and Reels)
- You are passionate about fighting corruption and keen to learn more about Transparency International, the IACC and the issues we work on.
- You will be under 35 years old on 21 June 2024 and are fluent in English.
- All J4T/ IACC YJ Alumni (no matter age or location) are welcome to join the reporting crew.
- An economy flight to Vilnius (Lithuania), 5 nights’ accommodation at the IACC Hotel, the IACC venue, as well as related visa processing costs will covered by the IACC.
Tasks of the YJs
- Be familiar with the IACC 2024 programme and how Transparency International works globally and on a national level as well as the priorities outlined in Holding Power to Account, our global strategy against corruption for 2021-2030.
- (optional) Provide input for and promote the various IACC channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo and more.
- (optional) Write blog posts on the IACC blog.
- (optional) Engage with IACC initiatives, including FairPlay, Films for Transparency and the IACC Social Entrepreneurs Initiative.
- Attend a virtual prep and introductory meeting on the day before the conference (18 June) to meet the relevant Transparency International coordinating staff and fellow YJs, and discuss roles and responsibilities.
- Agree on related coverage with the YJ editorial team.
For More Information: