Application Deadline: Varying by Country
Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) are now accepting applicants for Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) in your area. The GSEA is exclusive undergraduate students who own and/or operate a for-profit business while enrolled in an undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree) university/college. GSEA is the world’s premiere award for students who run companies and study at the same time.
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is a global community of student entrepreneurs who are passionate about growing their business and themselves. While the events focus on competition, the program itself is about mentorship, learning, support and celebration of the unique life of the student entrepreneurs.
1. You must be an undergraduate (bachelors) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
2. You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
3. Your business must be structured ‘for-profit’ or social enterprise and have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
4. Your company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
5. You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition. *
- Students will compete to represent their business and country during the global event will take place in FrankFurt, Germany in April, 2017.
- The grand prize for the winner will top a $400,000 value including $20,000 in cash.
- Which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Bangkok, Thailand.Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Did we mention PRIZES? The Global Finals competition awards US$20,000, plus donated business products and services, including Web services, printing, PR, consulting and more!
- Tanzania: 27 October 2016
- Mauritius: 5 February 2017
- Kenya: 10 February 2017
- Lagos: 19 February 2017
- Cape Town: 25 February 2017
For More Information: