The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme is searching for inspirational young people across the Commonwealth who are making a difference in their communities.
Exceptional people aged 18-29 will receive awards for leading the way where they live, in honour of Her Majesty The Queen’s 60-year contribution to the Commonwealth. We’ll support them to do more life-changing work.
Grants will be made to organisations in selected Commonwealth countries that can show they are improving the lives of young people. The grants will help individuals gain new skills, employment and a voice in their communities.
Each application/nomination must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants/nominees need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants/nominees must be aged between 18 and 29 for the year of the award and be citizens of a Commonwealth country.
- Applicants/nominees need to demonstrate evidence of their leadership qualities.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have over come challenges to achieve their goals.
- All applicants/nominees need to be supported by a suitable referee
- All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and their future ambition.
- Award winners will be short-listed by a panel made up of young people from across the Commonwealth and a small team of advisors representing the three partner organisations.
- The short list for Award winners will then be presented to The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme Board, which contains members from all three partner organisations, for final selection and decision.