Application Deadline: July 14th 2017
YOUTH INITIATIVE FOR ADVOCACY, GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT (YIAGA) And NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR DEMOCRACY (NED) ORGANIZING FOR POLICY ADVOCACY AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT (OPACE Season 5) ‘YOUTH ORGANIZING SCHOOL’ CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA) announces the call for applications from young people between the ages of 18 – 30 years for the fifth season of ‘Organizing for Policy Advocacy & Civic Engagement’ program (OPACE Season 5) in her
The OPACE program is supported by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED), Washington DC with the aim to strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of youth organizations in organizing as a leadership practice, formulating policies and implementing advocacy activities promoting democratic values and principles in West Africa. The School will place emphasis on legislative, political and regional institution engagement with an overall goal of sustaining responsible youth civic engagement in democracy.
OPACE Season 5 sessions cover specialized topics on Organizing as a Leadership Practice, Advocacy Campaigns, Legislative Engagement, Regional Institution Engagement, Community Mobilization, and Using Social Media Tools for effective organizing and advocacy.
Participants must be:
- 18 – 35 years of age;
- Fluent in English;
- Committed to attend all five days of the Youth Organizing School;
- Applications are open to Nigerian citizens resident in all 36 states of the Federation and the FCT.
- The following Nigerian states – Anambra, Bayelsa, Ekiti, Kaduna, Katsina, Ogun, Plateau and Yobe will be given priority in the candidate selection process
- Female applicants are also encouraged to apply.
- Participation is also open to eligible applicants from across the West African sub-region and Cameroon who posses valid travel documents.
- Selected participants from within Nigeria will be responsible for their transportation while YIAGA will cover accommodation and feeding costs.
- The training will hold in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Only selected applicants will be contacted.
For More Information: