Application Deadline: August 31st 2014
The African Grantmakers Network (AGN) celebrates individuals and organizations who demonstrate excellence and innovation in philanthropic practice in Africa. In recognition of African philanthropists who show a tangible commitment to lasting and institutional change, who are committed to genuine partnership with local, national or international communities, and who advance a vision / voice of African agency and self determination, the AGN invites the public to nominate individuals and organisations to be considered as recipients of the 2014 African Philanthropy Awards at AGN Assembly in Accra, Ghana in November 2014.
Who can be nominated
- Any individual, and any private or public organisation or institution that does philanthropic work in Africa may be nominated.
- These nominees will demonstrate transparency and good governance in their philanthropic practice, and be attentive to local needs and realities.
- They will seek to apply new solutions to existing problems, demonstrating innovation in their work.
- Their philanthropic activity will be linked to building institute ons on the continent, and will demonstrate vision in finding long term and sustained solutions.
The African Philanthropy Awards will recognise individuals and organizations that demonstrate:
- Excellence in philanthropic practice.
- Innovation in philanthropic practice.
- Genuine partnership with local, national and international communities.
- Tangible commitment to lasting and institutional change.
- A vision of African agency and self determination.
Nominations can be sent by registered mail to African Philanthropy Awards, Postnet Suite 100, P/Bag X121, 1685, Midrand, South Africa.
Only those with the postmark being within the deadline will be considered
For More Information: