Submission Deadline: September 30th 2016
Our climate is changing. And FAO wants you to tell us why food and agriculture must too. There are two ways you can do this. Design a poster or produce a video on the World Food Day theme to enter the 2016 competition.
World Food Day Poster contest
The World Food Day poster contest calls on children and teens from 5-19 to use their imaginations and express their ideas on the World Food Day theme: “Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must too.”
- The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
- The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all three categories will be announced on the World Food Day website during the official celebration of World Food Day in Rome, 14 October 2016.
- Winners will also be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.
Did you know that food security is one of the biggest issues related to climate change? We want to see your ideas, thoughts and actions! Produce a video no longer than 1 minute and tell us about the issue, or even better, present a solution on how to feed our growing population in a changing climate. You don’t need any professional equipment – videos can be shot on your smartphone or tablet.
Upload your video to YouTube adding the hashtag #WFD2016VideoContest to the title and don’t forget to also fill out the form provided to be in with a chance to win. Two winners will be selected, one by a jury and the other based on the number of views or likes on YouTube.
- The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 13 to 19, living anywhere in the world.
- The age to declare is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.