Application Deadline: December 21, 2016.
Foreign Policy Interrupted’s Fellowship program is targeted to diversifying voices and opinions in the foreign policy space. The program has two core components:
- An educational module that includes media training, a guide to understanding the media, and brand building
- A non-resident “externship” with a major media outlet. Fellows will work with a given outlet and editor to better understand the inner workings of a news organization; and to develop the fellow’s portfolio and voice around her expertise
- FPI’s Fellows Program is open to women 26 and older with a clear commitment and passion for foreign policy and international affairs.
- This is not a program for those “breaking into” foreign policy. While we welcome early-career fellows, this program is best-suited to mid-career and late-career foreign policy experts. The program is open to academics, entrepreneurs, journalists, students, and business professionals. The program is open to both US citizens and non-US citizens, fluent in English.
- Upon the start of the fellowship in early 2017, applicants must be available for six weeks, for an hour each week.
- A commitment to foreign policy is not an interest or hobby, but demonstrated engagement in foreign policy matters and/or a foreign policy matter. Demonstrated engagement is work in the field.
- Applicants for an FPI Fellowship ideally have at least three years of full-time professional experience. For interruptors on an academic track, applicants must have completed their master’s degree.
Applications for our fourth fellowship program close December 21, 2016. Application materials include:
– CV, citing presence on social media, if applicable (#2016)
– A video clip, no more than a minute, of you commenting on your expertise. This video should be recorded specifically for the application. Videos shot on mobile devices are fine.
– In no more than 1000 words, tell us how an FPI fellowship fits into your career path
– Two published writing samples
– List two people who can speak about your qualifications and provide their contact information
– Send materials to [email protected]
For More Information: