Deadline: February 28 2014
People of all nations are invited to apply for voluntary service in Germany sponsored by the Friends of Waldorf Education. The Incoming Volunteer Program is designed for motivated, socially committed women and men of 18 years and up whose permanent residence is outside Germany.
Most volunteers (approx. 75 people) will begin their service in August/September. Another group of approx. 50 volunteers will begin in February.
- be at least 18 years old (there is no maximum age).
- have permanent residency outside Germany.
- be socially motivated and show dedication to your work or engagement.
- know at least the basics of the German language.
- have already gathered practical experience in working with people with special needs or with the elderly
- be prepared to work for 12 months in a full-time capacity. Shorter terms of service are not possible.
- be entirely open to living together with the residents and patients of an institution for curative therapy (children with disabilities), social therapy (adults with disabilities) or a home for the elderly.
- be eager for personal development and be ready to integrate yourself fully in a new culture and work environment.
- show initiative and a strong sense of social engagement, as these fields of work will, at least in part, be quite demanding.
Before and during the period of service, volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Support with visa application (official invitation) prior to service
- An allowance of at least 150 euros per month during the duration of the service
- Free room and board while in Germany
- Free health, accident and liability insurance
- Contractually regulated holidays
- Educational and administrative backing and support through the Friends of Waldorf Education during the voluntary service
- 20 accompanying seminar days, free of charge, at the beginning, during and at the close of the voluntary service, as well as transportation costs to and from the seminars
A completed application includes the following documents:
1. Application form 1
2. Application form 2
4. Passport photo (jpg format, max. 250 KB)
5. Internship references
6. German language certificate, at least level A1 grade “B”, or your teacher’s evaluation of yourGerman skills
7. A legible copy of my passport on which your full name and date of birth can be identified
8. References from your host family (if you have worked as an Au Pair in Germany or another German-speaking country.
9. Confirmation for the attendance of Waldorf education seminars, certificates of job training, job references if you have already worked in Waldorf institutions before and would like to undergo further training (only for applicants to Waldorf schools and kindergartens)
10. A copy of your driver‘s license (if applicable)
A decision about your admission to the program is made on the basis of:
- The application documents, which should validate your social motivation. Please communicate your needs and requirements in a straightforward manner.
- Your commitment to learning German (certificate/s, ongoing German language course, e-mail communication in German)
- The report of your practical skills, respectively your two-week internship and the references from the institution in which you’ve been (e.g. one of our partner organizations abroad).
- The e-mail or telephone communication with you: A reliable and fast communication is important to us.
- Your willingness to meet with a German volunteer our a former participant of the incoming program in your home-country; depending on the possibilities of your location.
The Friends of Waldorf Education will preselect suitable applicants. The final decision is made by the places of assignment.
Please send your COMPLETD application for the German voluntary service ONLY via email ([email protected]):
For More Information: