Application Deadline: January 16, 2023
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year bursary for those who want to become teachers. It is a merit bursary which is available to every deserving applicant who passed their matric with a bachelor pass to complete a teaching qualification in an identified phase and priority subject area specialization to study in any of the 24 public universities. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
- An exemption or admission to bachelor degree studies’ pass at matric/Grade 12 level.
- At least a level 4 pass at matric level in the subject which leads on to the priority area/subject in which the applicant will specialize to teach.
- For Foundation Phase specialisation, a pass in Mathematics or a level 4 pass in Mathematical Literacy at Grade 12 level is required.
- In addition, a level 4 pass in the Home Language is required.
- Students who wish to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects, including CAT, and who do not have these subjects at matric level, must have at least a level 4 pass in Mathematics.
- Academic record with two (2) Technical Subjects/modules studied up to second year level showing a full completion of the qualification.
- Prospective students must first gain admission at a Higher Education Institution (HEI)
For More Information: