Job Number: 2293111
Business: GE Power & Water
Business Segment: PW-PGS Power Generation Services
Job Segments:Engineer, Electrical, Energy, Research, Design Engineer, Engineering
Posted Position Title: Edison Engineering Development Program
Career Level: EL
Function Segment: Leadership Programs
Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) is an intensive program for people with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE’s core values. The program is designed to accelerate participants’ professional development with intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Graduates have the technical/business foundation to proactively/continually make innovative contributions to GE’s future. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the EEDP is for you.
- “This job is for the GE Power & Water Business”
- EEDP’s at Power & Water experience technically challenging rotations that are driven by
innovation. Edison Engineers are currently working to develop expertise in the Power Generation Industry.
- The core engineering skills gained in assignments are enhanced through GE advanced
courses in engineering (ACE).
- Candidates will be expected to complete their masters in core engineering from the University of Georgia Technology or North Carolina State University through distance learning.
- Corporate courses are also provided. Advanced academic exposure, experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from assignment managers, prepares members with the technical skills and values needed to achieve a successful career in technology.
- Four-year Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Majors in Electrical, Mechanical, Aero or Materials only will be considered.
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.25/ 4.0 overall (University of Georgia Tech. requires
3.3 for entry)
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics, including calculus and differential equations.
Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in design engineering, manufacturing, or computer science/computer engineering.
- Experience writing technical reports.
- Must be willing to relocate as business needs change.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
- Candidates must be able to gain acceptance to the University of Georgia Technology or North Carolina State University for Masters in Engineering Program.
- Candidate must qualify for J1 US Visa requirements.
- Candidate must be able to receive acceptable scores for GRE and TOFEL for University
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Majoring in Mechanical Eng or Electrical Eng, that have prior intern, co-op, or research experience in an engineering environment That have a strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering.
- That have demonstrated an analytic approach to problem solving and that have demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement, and a passion for technology.
For More Information: