Application Deadline: July 15th, 2022
As part of the 26th edition of the International Ecrans Noirs film festival (2022), the Goethe-Institut Kamerun and the Association Ecrans Noirs are organizing a short film fiction script competition as part of the operation “10 days for 1 film “.
The objective of the competition is to encourage writing, directing and film production that can contribute to awareness.
- The competition is open to young Cameroonians aged 30 at most, and who intend to work in the cinema.
- The duration of the films should not exceed 10 min.
- The theme chosen for the 2022 edition is “Beauty”.
- Each contestant can only submit one script;
- Registration open from June 06 to July 15, 2022.
- The subject of writing is free, provided that it revolves around the theme of the competition.
- Candidates must be Cameroonians and aged 30 or less on 06.06.2022 .
- Authors can only submit one script.
- The duration of the film envisaged must not exceed 10 min.
- Although the short film can be shot in a Cameroonian national language, the script must be written in French or English.
- Filming must take place in the Center region.
- Applicants must be the authors of the proposed project. Any plagiarism will lead to elimination from the competition.
- Following an initial selection phase, the authors of the 10 most relevant projects will take part in a rewriting workshop.
- At the end of this workshop, the three best selected projects will benefit from a technical team for the production of their film. However, post-production remains the responsibility of the laureate.
- They will then be broadcast during the 26th edition of the Ecrans Noirs festival during the month of October 2022 (Final dates to be determined.)
- The results of the first selection phase of the 10 most relevant projects will be published on 26.07.2022 and available on the Facebook pages of the Goethe-Institut and the Ecrans Noirs. They will also be displayed at the Goethe-Institut and at the headquarters of the Association Ecrans Noirs.
- Following this publication, the authors of the 10 selected projects will be invited to participate in a rewriting workshop from July 29 to August 12, 2022 in Yaoundé.
- Following this workshop, the jury will select the 3 (three) best projects and the results will be communicated no later than 19.08.2022.
All applications must be made online only via: www.goethe.de/cameroun no later than 15.07.2022 at 3:00 p.m. and must include:
- A CV of the candidate (in PDF format, Times New Roman, font 12, single spaced)
- The scan of the National Identity Card or passport (in PDF format)
- A Synopsis (10 lines maximum; pdf format)
- A note of intent (1/2 page maximum; pdf format)
- A dialogued continuity (of 8 pages max, Font: Mail, Size: 12, pdf format).
NB : No part of your screenplay should bear your name. The latter must not bear any distinctive sign.
For More Information: